You may have a box of old baseball cards collecting dust in your attic. But what can you do with them? Check out this blog post for ideas on how to make the most of your baseball cards.
Baseball cards have been around for over a century, and they are still as popular as ever. Many people enjoy collecting baseball cards, and some even make a living doing it. But what should you do with your baseball cards once you have them?
There are many options for what to do with baseball cards. You can keep them stored away, trade them with other collectors, or sell them. You can also use them to make art or jewelry, or even create a card game. No matter what you choose to do with your baseball cards, there are many ways to enjoy them.
A Brief History of Baseball Cards
In the late 1800s, tobacco companies began including cards featuring baseball players in their products as a way to increase sales. These “Tobacco Cards” were very popular, and soon other companies began producing their own versions. By the early 1900s, baseball cards were being produced without tobacco as well, and eventually became their own standalone product.
Baseball cards experienced a decline in popularity during World War II, as many young men were drafted into the military and had less disposable income for hobbies. However, the popularity of the sport itself helped baseball cards make a comeback in the 1950s. New technology also played a role, as color printing became more affordable and widespread, making baseball cards more visually appealing.
Topps Chewing Gum Company emerged as the biggest player in the baseball card market in the 1950s, and it has remained one of the most dominant names in the industry ever since. Topps produced several iconic sets of baseball cards during this time period, including the 1952 Topps set, which is widely considered to be one of the best ever made.
How to Collect Baseball Cards
If you’re new to collecting baseball cards, you might be wondering how to get started. Here are a few tips to help you get started on your collection:
1. Decide what type of cards you want to collect. There are many different types of baseball cards, from player cards to team cards to cards featuring specific moments or stats. You can either focus your collection on a specific type of card, or you can try to collect a little bit of everything.
2. Find a good source for buying baseball cards. You can find baseball cards at many different types of stores, including sports stores, hobby stores, and even some department stores. You can also buy them online.
3. Start small and gradually build up your collection. It’s probably not realistic (or necessary) to try to collect every single baseball card that exists. Start with a smaller goal, such as collecting all the player cards for your favorite team, or collecting one of each type of card. As you get more experience as a collector, you can start adding more and more cards to your collection.
4. Take care of your baseball cards. Once you start acquiring baseball cards, it’s important to take steps to make sure they stay in good condition. Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You might also want to invest in protective sleeves and storage boxes specifically designed for storing baseball cards
What to Do With Your Baseball Cards
Now that you have your baseball cards, what do you do with them? You can keep them in a box, display them, or even sell them. Let’s take a look at each option and see what works best for you.
Baseball cards hold a sentimental value for many of us. They are a reminder of our childhood and of the good old days when we used to trade them with our friends. However, as we get older, we realize that we don’t need them anymore and that they are taking up valuable space in our homes. If you are wondering what to do with your baseball cards, then selling them is a great option.
There are many ways to sell baseball cards. You can list them on online auction sites such as eBay, or you can take them to a local card shop. You can also post an ad in your local newspaper or on online classifieds websites such as Craigslist. Whichever method you choose, make sure that you take some time to research the value of your cards before you list them for sale. This way, you will know how much to ask for and you will be more likely to sell them quickly.
Give them away
If you don’t want your baseball cards, and you don’t think you can get much money for them, your best bet is to give them away. You can try giving them to a friend or family member who is a baseball fan, or you can donate them to a local library or school.
One of the most common questions we get asked at BCW is what to do with old baseball cards. Do you keep them, throw them away or sell them? The answer is…it depends. While we always encourage customers to go through their collections and weed out the cards they don’t want or need, there are some circumstances where it make sense to hang onto those old cards – even if you never plan on looking at them again. Here are a few reasons why you might want to keep those old baseball cards:
1. They could be valuable
2. They could be sentimental
3. They could be historical
Of course, there are also some good reasons to get rid of those old baseball cards. If they’re taking up space that you need for other things, or if they’re in such bad shape that they’re not likely to be worth anything, it might be time to say goodbye. Ultimately, the decision of what to do with your old baseball cards is up to you. But if you’re not sure what to do, we’re here to help.
Now that you know the different types of baseball cards and what they’re worth, you can start to build your collection. If you’re a fan of a certain team, try to collect all the cards of the players on that team. You can also collect cards of your favorite players, regardless of what team they play for. Maybe you’ll even find a rare card or two! Whatever you do, have fun and enjoy building your collection.